About Incorporated Province Ministries
Empowerment of Change
The Office of SNJM Incorporated Province Ministries
The ministries of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJMs) of the U.S.-Ontario Province include nine that focus on education: six schools, a university, an adult education center and a community music center. The Office of Incorporated Province Ministries provides mission-focused services and resources for those ministries. Many of the resources can be downloaded from this website.
The Office of Incorporated Province Ministries coordinates relationships among three groups: each ministry’s board of directors or trustees, its executive leadership, and a group called the Corporate Members who work in partnership with the ministry’s local board. Corporate Members are chosen by the leader of the SNJM U.S.-Ontario Province to ensure that each ministry reflects the SNJM mission and philosophy – a requirement of the Catholic Church. Corporate Members also have a say in certain decisions involving each ministry’s property and finances. Read more about the Members who work primarily with education ministries.
Click on a category below to learn more.
Incorporated Province Ministries List & Links
The Incorporated Province Ministries
- Academy of the Holy Names, Albany, New York
- Academy of the Holy Names, Tampa, Florida
- Holy Names Academy, Seattle, Washington
- Holy Names High School, Oakland, California
- Holy Names Music Center, Spokane, Washington
- Holy Names University, Oakland, California
- Mary’s Woods Continuing Care Retirement Community, Marylhurst, Oregon
- Next Step Learning Center, Oakland, California
- Ramona Convent Secondary School, Alhambra, California
- St. Mary’s Academy, Portland, Oregon
Short List: Services & Resources
For more resources, visit the “Tools“ page.
- Details about services provided by the Office of Incorporated Province Ministries. Download
- Maps of U.S.-Ontario and worldwide SNJM locations. Download
- “SNJM-sponsored ministries: An invitation for partnership” is an 8-page booklet outlining the mutual responsibilities of ministry sponsorship. View
- “Incorporated Province Ministries: Transforming, Informing” describes each ministry and its mission. View/download
- “What Makes an SNM School SNJM” describes how Holy Names schools are stewards of: (1) education (2) faith (3) justice and (4) leadership. View
- “What is the SNJM Charism:” Pamphlet that uses everyday language to introduce the Holy Names “charism” — a gift that flows from God’s love and is expressed through the power of education to develop our potential. View
Network of Schools
“In unity will be your strength.” –Ignace Bourget, Bishop of Montreal, to the first Sisters of the Holy Names
The Network of Schools Association includes the leaders representing schools sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Located in California, Florida, New York, Oregon, Washington and Manitoba, Canada, Network members hold the founding principle of Blessed Marie Rose Durocher in common: the full development of the human person. Network participants convene annually and make the explicit commitment to keep alive the spirit and vision of Mother Marie Rose.
Students learn about one another and their worlds through less-formal links. For example, NETWORK schools use video conferencing to visit with students at sister schools in Lesotho in southern Africa. High school musicians also have opportunities to perform at sister schools, and a Youth Justice Forum gathers students from Holy Names schools around the world.
Upcoming Network meetings and locations
2018-19 school year: Albany, New York
2020: Portland, Oregon
2021: Winnipeg, Manitoba
2022: Seattle, Washington